Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
The start of Summer, what a wonderful time of the year. Getting the grills and lawn chairs out, dusting off the camping gear and setting the picnic table for friends and family. The abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables at the local produce markets is so wonderful. In our part of the country, the Summer just doesn't last long enough, so we try not to miss any opportunity to be outside in the warm weather cooking on our grill.
This Grilled Vegetable Sandwich takes full advantage of the Summer growing season. Farm fresh zucchini and sweet red peppers, grilled and stacked on a easy to make Garden Cream Cheese Sandwich Spread make this a great dish for a Summer lunch or dinner.
This healthy sandwich recipe is low in Cholesterol while being a good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and Potassium while also being a very good source of Vitamin C, Riboflavin and Selenium.
Cut zucchini length-wise into 4 slices
- Cut pepper in fourths, remove seeds
- Coat both sides of zucchini, pepper and mushrooms with cooking spray.
- Lightly spray grill rack with cooking spray
- Set grill to medium high heat
- Place zucchini and peppers on grill rack and broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until tender
- Add mushrooms and broil for 1 to 2 minutes
- Remove from grill sprinkle with salt, pepper and sweet basil leaves
- Spread cream cheese on toast
- Layer zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, tomato and sprouts on two slices of toast
- Top with remaining toast slices
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Sat Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
E-mail this product to a friend