Lentil Soup with Grains of Paradise
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup onions
2-3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 teaspoons Sea Salt
1 pound lentils, picked and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes
2 quarts low fat vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon Coriander Seed Powder
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground Grains of Paradise
1. Heat olive oil in a large 6-quart Dutch oven.
2. When hot, add the onion, carrot, celery and salt and sweat until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the lentils, tomatoes, broth, coriander, cumin and grains of paradise and stir well.
4. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low cover and cook on low simmer until the lentils are tender, approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Serve immediately