Creamy Lentil Stew with Mushrooms and Kale
This delicious plant based meal is hearty, healthy and full of flavor. Lentils and kale provide a rich source of dietary fiber and nutrition while the mushrooms add meatiness and rich flavor. Mushrooms are low in fat and high in essential vitamins and minerals.
Our Organic Thyme Leaf is spicy with a smoky and piney taste, and undertones of cloves and mint. The aroma is warm and earthy with a slightly floral, peppery fragrance. This robust flavor pairs well with this hearty dish.
- 1 cup dry green lentils, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dried Shallots
- 1 lb portabella mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Thyme Leaf
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, low fat coconut milk
- 3-4 kale stalks, stems removed and sliced - about 1 1/2 cups packed
- Cook lentils per package direction. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil to medium.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add Dried Shallots, Organic Granulated Garlic, Organic Thyme Leaf, white wine and soy sauce, stir to combine.
- Add the drained lentils, vegetable stock and coconut milk to the pot.
- Stir and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Ladle 1/2 of the mushroom mixture to a blender. Place a towel over the top of blender to prevent hot liquid from spraying out. Blend until smooth.
- Return the blender contents to the soup and stir to combine.
- Add sliced kale and stir to incorporate kale.
- Serve warm
Serves: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat 2.3 g
Saturated Fat 0.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 137.4 mg
Potassium 724.2 mg
Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 11.9 g