A traditional Indian drink, turmeric milk or golden milk is believed to have healing qualities in Ayurvedic medicine. Besides aiding sleep, this warm concoction of spices and plant milk may also help with digestive issues, inflammation from arthritis and reduce the pain and fever associated with illness.
Enjoy this warm, relaxing drink and hour or two before bedtime to induce a restful night's sleep.
Our Organic Ground Turmeric has a complex, rich and woody aroma with citrus, floral and ginger undertones. The flavor is mildly sour and bitter, slightly pungent, warm and musky.
You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk or cashew milk
- 1 tsp Organic Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Organic Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Vietnamese Cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve warm.
Serves: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat 2.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 160.7 mg
Potassium 59.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 0.1 g