Broccoli and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
Quick. Easy. Light. Healthy. Perfect as a side dish or as a meal.
We love meals that are easy to put together and this one does not disappoint. Originally a process used to preserve the sun ripened flavor of vine grown tomatoes, our Tomato Flakes are a delightful twist on store bought sun dried tomatoes. The cooking process in this recipe rehydrates these tomatoes to add vibrant color and impressive depth of flavor to this dish.
- 8 oz whole wheat dried elbow pasta
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Organic Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add broccoli to the pasta about 3-5 minutes before the pasta has finished cooking.
- While pasta and broccoli are cooking, heat olive oil in a large pan on medium high heat.
- Add Tomato Flakes, Red Pepper Flakes and Granulated Garlic to the hot oil.
- Stir until everything is heated.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add hot pasta and broccoli to the pan with the Tomato Flakes. Toss to combine.
- Add Parmesan cheese and the reserved pasta water. - Add the pasta water a few Tablespoons at a time to loosen the sauce. You may not need the 1/2 cup.
- Serve warm.
Serves: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat 5.5 g
Saturated Fat 1.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.1 g
Cholesterol 4.9 mg
Sodium 160.5 mg
Potassium 260.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 10.6 g