Spicy-Sweet Shichimi Togarashi Popcorn
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. Popcorn is just the perfect snack and how you season it can be as creative as you want. Salty, sweet, spicy - it all works with popcorn.
Shichimi Togarashi and honey are a perfect pair if you are craving a touch of sweetness, with a nice kick of heat.
Our Shichimi Togarashi is hand blended from black pepper, cayenne, tangerine zest, garlic, poppy seed, black sesame and nori (Japanese seaweed).
- 1/3 cup of corn kernels, popped using an air popper or 1 bag of lite microwave popcorn - click here for ways to cook popcorn.
- 1 tablespoon of butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon of Shichimi Togarashi
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Prepare the popcorn and carefully transfer the hot popcorn to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the butter, shichimi togarashi, and honey.
- Heat on medium until butter melts, stir to combine.
- Drizzle the melted mixture on to the popcorn and use a large wooden spoon to toss.
Serves: 6 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat 2.2 g
Saturated Fat 1.2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 5.2 mg
Sodium 1.5 mg
Potassium 19 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 0.6 g