Mushroom Salad Wraps
This crunchy mushroom salad is perfect for a light meal on a hot Summer day. Use it as a filling on a wrap, a sandwich or serve it with sliced tomatoes and no bread at all.
For this recipe I used dried Shiitake Mushrooms as most mushroom lovers actually prefer these over fresh. The savory flavor of the dried version is wonderfully rich and a bit smoky while the drying process which also breaks down the mushroom’s proteins and converts them to valuable amino acids. They’re also packed with vitamins and minerals (including B vitamins, calcium and potassium) and many believe they are also natural immune boosters.
This is a good recipe to make ahead of time. It will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
- In a small to medium saucepan add dried mushrooms and just enough water to cover them completely.
- Bring to a boil, remove from the heat and cover. Let cool for 30-40 minutes. Drain off excess liquid.
- In a heavy skillet add oil and mushrooms. Sauté for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat to cool.
- Using a food processor add lemon juice, yogurt, Tahini and cooked mushrooms blending to a smooth paste
- In a medium bowl combine the mushroom mix, cabbage, green pepper, scallions, jalapeno, hot pepper flakes and pepper
- Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving
- Keeps for 4 days refrigerated
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Sat Fat 1g
E-mail this product to a friend