Carrot Cake Supreme
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon Korintje Cinnamon Powder
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
3 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
3 cups grated carrot
1 8oz can crushed pineapple drained
1 3 1/2 oz can flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup raisins, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 3 9” round cake pans; set aside.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat eggs and the next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer.
4. Add flour mixture beating at low speed until blended.
5. Fold in carrot and next 4 ingredients.
6. Pour batter into prepared pans.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Drizzle Buttermilk Glaze over warm cakes.
9. Cool completely on wire racks.
10.Frost with cream cheese frosting
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Bring sugar through corn syrup to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Boil stirring often, 4 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Cream Cheese Frosting
3/4 cup butter
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
1 (3oz) package of cream cheese
3 cups sifted powder sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy.
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Additional Information: This cake can be baked in an 8x12 inch pan for 1 hour.