South American inspired and an easy way to change up the everyday chicken recipe. Super easy to prepare and very flavorful with our Tempero Baiano seasoning blend, this dish was a winner at our dinner table.
Our Tempero Baiano seasoning is hand blended with marjoram, Mexican oregano, white pepper, black pepper, nutmeg, basil, red pepper flakes, parsley and bay and is used primarily for adding flavor to broth, chicken, fish, soups, stews and vegetables. Serve over Saffron rice with a nice glass of white wine and this entree makes a perfect meal for your next dinner party.
Looking for more information on Brazilian cuisine?
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 10 oz bag frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons Tempero Baiano, divided
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- In a large bowl combine juice from 1 lemon and 1 Tablespoon Tempero Baiano seasoning.
- Add chicken to bowl and mix to coat chicken with lemon/seasoning mixture, let sit in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium high. Add chicken, meat side down and cook until brown - about 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and turn chicken, add onions and green peppers and cook another 6-8 minutes.
- Add peas, chicken broth, wine and remaining seasoning.
- Simmer, uncovered, another 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over warm rice.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Protein 21.1 g
Carbs 42.2 g
Fat 10.9 g
Sat Fat 2 g
Fiber 7.1 g
Sodium 336.6 mg
Sugars 7.0 g