Frittatas are basically baked eggs. They're relatively easy to prepare and a nice change from the everyday scrambled eggs. If you like omelettes, you will love frittatas and you don't have to worry about mastering the 'fold over' like you do with an omelette.
I made several frittatas in one day so that I could do multiple photo shoots and refrigerated the leftovers for easy to heat & eat breakfasts. They were still tasty and fresh and a great idea for a quick 'out the door', healthy breakfast.
Now I say healthy knowing that the cholesterol police will want to come after me so with the six eggs I used I only used two with yolks the other four were egg whites only. This drops the cholesterol by more than half. Now while I won't have this every day it is a delightful treat and sure beats coffee and a poptart any day.
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium ham, diced (about 8 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups diced mix of red bell, green bell and yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 medium to large eggs
- 4 medium to large eggs (egg whites only)
- Place pan on stove and heat to medium high
- Set oven to broil
- Add olive oil
- Saute peppers, parsley, black pepper, salt and ham for 5 minutes until peppers are crispy and the ham has browned
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and add them to the pan with the ham and peppers
- Cover pan and cook for 7 minutes on the stove top
- When the center is set, but the edges still a bit runny, place pan with out lid, under the broiler for 2 minutes
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top
- Return to oven and continue broiling for 1 more minute
- Cut and serve
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Sat Fat 3g
E-mail this product to a friend
Product Rating: (0.00) # of Ratings: 0 Click Here to rate this product|
There are no comments for this product. CLICK HERE to be the first one to share your opinion!