Chipotle Barbeque Sauce
6 Dried Chipotle Chiles
1 cup boiling water
1 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 12 oz can tomato paste
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons Yellow Mustard Seed Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Thyme Leaf
1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1. In a small bowl, soak chilies in the boiling water for 1 hour.
2. Remove stems and seeds and chop finely (reserve water).
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, thyme and cumin.
4. Sauté until onion is translucent. Add chilies (with water) and remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes, not including soaking
Cook time: 40 minutes