Herb Crusted Tilapia
I am always on the lookout for good flavorful tilapia recipes that can be prepared for everyday meals. Adding spices to a dish just enhances the recipe and depending on the type and amount of spices you use can change a recipe completely.
I actually found this recipe in a circular at my local market. While it called for fresh herbs, I used dried herbs to create more of a 'dry rub' for the fish. We found the flavor to be really fresh and delicious with the herbs, tomatoes, and lemon. Pair this fish with Lemon Rice for an easy meal that would be perfect to serve everyday.
If Tilapia is not your fish of choice, this would be a great recipe for any white fish as well as salmon.
This is a good healthy tilapia recipe that is a good source of Vitamin K, Niacin, Vitamin B12 and Protein.
- Preheat oven broiler to low
- In a dish or on a plate big enough for 1 piece of tilapia, mix bread crumbs, parsley, chives, thyme, dell, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Brush each tilapia fillet with olive oil and coat them with the bread crumb mixture and place them on a baking sheet.
- Broil for about 15 minutes turning once in the middle of the cooking process.
- The fillets will turn golden and flake easily with a fork when cooked through.
- While tilapia is in the oven, combine the tomatoes, basil, oregano, lemon juice and remaining pepper.
- Serve with the tomatoes over each tilapia fillet.
Nutritional Information (per serving - does not include rice):
Sat Fat 2g
E-mail this product to a friend