Hill Country Spiced Pecans
Inspired by my Texas roots, these classic spiced pecans get their slight kick from our Hill Country Chili Powder. Perfectly balanced with a hint of sweet brown sugar and dried herbs, this 'Texas sized' snack will leave you wanting more! Best of all these are a healthy nut alternative to those sugary holiday nuts.
To release the oils and aroma of the dried herbs, lightly crush them with the back of a spoon or with a mortar and pestle before adding to the pecans.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and herbs/spices
- In a large bowl, add pecans and drizzle them with the olive oil
- Toss pecans in oil to coat then add the spice mixture to the pecans
- Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven, stirring every 15 minutes for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and store about 1-2 weeks in an airtight container.
Serves: 3 cups - 12 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Sat Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
E-mail this product to a friend