Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
3 cups flour
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 3/4 cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoon Grade A1 Poppy Seed
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract. Divided
1 1/2 teaspoon butter flavor, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract, divided
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 butter flavor
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine baking powder, salt, flour and sugar, in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
3. Combine eggs, milk, oil, poppy seeds, vanilla, butter flavoring and lemon extract in another bowl and stir well.
4. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and beat on low speed about 2 minutes.
5. Lightly grease 2 loaf pans. Pour batter into prepared pans.
6. Bake bread for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. While bread is baking prepare glaze by combining orange juice, sugar, vanilla butter flavoring and lemon extract, mix well.
8. When loaves come out of the oven, poke holes in the bread and pour glaze over tops.