Jamaican Chicken and Mango Sandwich
For this quick and easy grilled chicken sandwich we were looking for some Caribbean flavor to balance the Homemade Mango Chutney and what could be better than our Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. This is a sensational seasoning that makes the ideal jerk chicken! This exotic blend is spicy, aromatic, and a just a bit off the beaten track that in just a short amount of time will allow you to add a splash of fun to your meal.
If you're not familiar with Chutney you're in for a real treat. Chutney is similar to salsa and like salsa is used as a side dish or condiment. The three characteristics of a classic chutneys is a perfect combination of sweet, sour and spicy.
This is the perfect light summer meal for those that are looking to keep their overall calories low. The one down side is the high amount of the total calories comes from the from the chutney and the mango.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (apprx 4 oz each)
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon mango chutney
- 4 whole wheat rolls split and toasted
- 4 fresh romaine leaves
- Sliced red onion
- 1/2 fresh mango, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- 5 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Cooking spray
- Sprinkle chicken with jerk seasoning and set aside
- Spray grill with cooking spray and preheat to medium high heat
- Place chicken on grill and grill 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center
- Place mango slices on the grill 4 minutes on each side or until they become soft and are heated through.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt and chutney in small bowl
- Spread 1 tablespoonful of the mayo mix onto each onion roll
- Place chicken on onion roll bottoms
- Top chicken lettuce leaf, 2 slices of fruit, red onion and roll top
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Sat Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g