Grilled Tilapia Tostadas
These tilapia tostados make a budget-friendly, and quick weeknight meal. Best of all this entire dish was done on the grill. Prepare a quick and easy marinade for the tilapia with lime juice, and olive oil. The salsa carries the sweet and the heat with grilled pineapples and habanero flakes. Then round out the flavors with the rich creaminess of the avocado.
By grilling the corn tortillas, you get a crispy tostada without the calories or fat from the traditional deep fried tortilla. We paired this a delightful homemade Roasted Pineapple and Habanero Salsa.
This recipe is low in sodium while also being a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Protein and Selenium.
- 1 lb boneless tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup lime juice - the juice from 1-2 limes (reserve about 1/2 lime to use as a topping on the finished tostada)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups shredded lettuce or cabbage for garnish
- 8 6" corn tortillas - spray both sides lightly with pan spray to prevent sticking on the grill
- In a glass baking dish, arrange tilapia pieces and add salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and olive oil, pour on tilapia fillets, coating all sides
- Heat grill to medium low heat and brush rack with olive oil to prevent sticking
- Place tilapia fillets on grill rack and let cook on each side about 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Place corn tortillas on the grill rack and grill about 2 minutes on each side until they become crisp.
- Shred fish with a fork and top tortillas with the fish
- Top with Roasted Pineapple Habanero Chile Salsa, tomato slices, lettuce and avocado
- Drizzle with 1/2 cut lime juice.
Nutritional Information (per serving and includes the salsa):
Sat Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g