Sweet Potato Hash
We love the recent craze of healthy sweet potato recipes and anything with black beans. This is a quick and easy meal to throw together that is not only delicious but stuffed with healthy nutrients - can't go wrong with that! This is a great twist on your father's eggs and hash browns so we also look at it as a healthy comfort food.
For 3/4 cup of fried potato hash browns you are talking 140 calories and 6 grams of fat – and that is only 1 ingredient. Compare that to a medium sweet potato with 103 calories and 0.2 grams of fat (no saturated fat!). Not to mention the HUGE fiber boost at 3.8 grams while the hash browns only have 1 gram of fiber.
So go ahead and enjoy this dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 2-3 med sweet potatoes peeled and diced small (about enough for 2 cups, diced)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Anaheim or New Mexico green chile peppers, diced small (a jalapeno would work well here too – make sure you take the seeds and ribs out first!)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 low-sodium salsa
- 1/4 cup dried cilantro
- 4 eggs
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat
- Add potatoes, 3/4 cup water and oil
- Bring to boil, partially cover and cook 15 minutes – until potatoes are tender
- Drain any remaining water
- Add chile peppers, onion, celery and garlic – cook 5 minutes until tender
- Add beans and tomatoes – cook another 5 minutes
- Remove from heat stir in cilantro
- Spray small pan with cooking spray and add eggs one at a time
- lightly ”fry” – over easy – turning once to cook on both sides – yolk should remain runny
- Place egg over 1 1/2 cup of hash mixture
- Season with salt and pepper if desired
Sat Fat 2g
E-mail this product to a friend
Product Rating: (0.00) # of Ratings: 0 Click Here to rate this product|
There are no comments for this product. CLICK HERE to be the first one to share your opinion!