- Cut chiles and remove all stems and seeds
- Heat a saucepan and add chilies. Allow chilies to warm - just enough to release their aroma.
- Add beer to the saucepan and bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes
- In a dutch oven or large chili pot, add 1/2 of the vegetable or olive oil and brown meat until cooked through. Remove meat from pan and drain excess fat in a colander.
- In the dutch oven or large chili pot, add remaining vegetable or olive oil and saute onions and garlic until tender. Return chili meat to pan, mix thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes and tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce and spices
- Put the chilies and cooking liquid in a blender and puree'. Strain mixture through a small colander or sieve into the chili pot.
- Simmer for 1 hour and serve.
Fresh baked cornbread makes a great compliment to this chili! Use the leftover chili in Chili Enchiladas.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Sat Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g