Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts and Spiced Honey Sauce
Looking for a Thanksgiving side dish that adds a flavorful twist to the worn out mashed potatoes? Sweet potatoes! Sweet potatoes are one of my all time favorite foods when it comes to the holiday months. Not only are they like eating candy when prepared correctly, but they're also super healthy. For this reason, children and adults can both agree that sweet potatoes should be on the table in one form or another.
This is an excellent dish to bring that will have your family and friends raving about the decadent sweetness balanced by the spicy undertones of these colorful roasted sweet potatoes.
It is extremely easy to make and you’ll want to be sure to have enough because they will certainly be coming back for seconds and thirds!
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tbsp olive oil
2/3 cup of walnuts, chopped
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons honey (this will be halved)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. Spread your walnuts on a baking sheet
2. Preheat your oven to 375°
3. While your oven is heating up place the walnuts in the oven for 5 minutes to slightly toast them
4. Place your sweet potatoes in a single layer on your roasting tray and drizzle the oil and 2 tbsp of honey over the top and then season with the cayenne, cinnamon, salt and pepper
5. Roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender
6. In a small sauce pan, over low heat, melt the butter and 2 tbsp of honey
7. Place the cooked sweet potatoes in a serving dish and top with roasted walnuts and drizzle with the honey butter mixture
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Trans Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 4g
Showing comments 1-1 of 1