Looking for a twist on the typical pico de gallo? Then you'll love this Mano Salsa. It's light and refreshing, sweet and spicy and pairs nicely with grilled salmon, grilled chicken or even a plate of cheese nachos. To add a bit of extra crunch, add jicama, a crispy, sweet vegetable popular in Mexican cooking. Mangos can be difficult to cut - but we found this handy video that makes it much easier.
The Lime pepper and Bourbon Barrel Smoked Pepper add a touch of smoky flavor while enhancing the citrus flavors in the salsa.
This Mango Salsa is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium but a large portion of the total calories comes from sugars.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Lime Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Barrel Smoked Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for up to 1/2 hour to allow all the flavors to combine.
- Serve with chips, tortillas, tacos, burritos, tostadas, quesadillas, pinto or black beans.
Serves: 3-4 cups
Nutritional Information (per 1/2 cup serving):
Sat Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
E-mail this product to a friend