Black Bean and Corn Salsa
This robust salsa combines black beans, corn and avocados and can be used as a side or topping for many dishes. Tacos, quesadillas, even scrambled eggs would all be better with this salsa or serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer.
If you are looking for an easy salsa recipe, this is it and if you're a football fan, this makes a great recipe to make for game day!
This version is a mild salsa, but we added a seeded, diced jalapeno for some additional heat.
This simple to make salsa recipe is low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium while being a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Manganese. It's also a very good source of fiber.
- 1 can (15 oz) canned black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 1 1/2 cup packaged, frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 med firm avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 Tbs fresh cilantro leaves, chopped.
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Chill to combine flavors.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Sat Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
E-mail this product to a friend