How to Rehydrate Dried Chiles and Peppers
So you’ve bought some dried chiles or peppers online and they show up at your doorstep. You pull them out of the box and decide that you want to rehydrate them before you incorporate them in your meal. It’s even easier than you probably thought, just follow the steps below and you’ll have rehydrated chiles in no time!
1. Cut the top off of each chile to remove the stem
2. Cut a slit down the side of the chile to split it open
3. The majority of the seeds will shake right out. Use your fingers or a spoon to scrape any additional seeds off and pull off any dried veins
4. Discard the seeds and place the chiles on a medium/hot griddle and roast them for 3-4 minutes
5. Turn often to prevent burning
6. Remove from griddle and place them in a bowl and cover them with hot water
7. Soak for 20-30 minutes
Chiles You Haven't Heard of but Soon Will
You Might be a Chile Head...
What is the Hot Pepper Scale?